All good copywriters get very involved with their client’s product. They are eager to absorb as much information about the product as they can so they can write with authority. To do this, they do some or all of the following:
- Use the product/service
- Visit the factory where it’s made
- Talk to customers about their experiences with the product
- Watch videos/DVDs and read vast amounts of research material to educatethemselves about the product
- Go on the road with the sales rep to see how the product is sold tocustomers
- Wander the aisles of supermarkets to witness how people choose a product…and more.If some of those personal visits are not possible or appropriate, a comprehensive telephone briefing will take place.